Pick up your Library materials from one of our convenient 24-hour lockers located at the High Point and Rainier Beach Branches. Place your holds online and we will let you know when your items are available to pick up.
SPL Lockers Temporarily Out of Service
The lockers are currently out of service.
Holds will instead be available inside of the High Point or Rainier Beach branches. We apologize for this inconvenience.
If you have a current hold at one of the lockers but would prefer contactless holds pickup, please call your branch when you arrive and we would be happy to bring your holds out to you. You can find the branch phone number on our Hours & Locations page or on signage located at the branch.
We have been piloting pickup lockers at the High Point and Rainier Beach branches since October, and we have determined that hardware upgrades are needed to make the lockers a more reliable option for our patrons. We will keep these lockers offline for the rest of January to make these needed upgrades. Thank you for your patience.
How to Use SPL Lockers
Place Your Holds
- When you place your holds in our catalog, select one of the following as your pickup location:
- SPL Lockers: High Point Branch
- SPL Lockers: Rainier Beach Branch
- We will notify you when your holds are ready to pick up. Learn how to get notifications by text, email or phone on our Notifications page.
Pick up Your Holds
- We will hold your items in the locker for up to 72 hours.
- When you arrive at the lockers, enter your Library card number and PIN on the touch screen.
- A locker will open for you to retrieve your items. Items are checked out to you when the locker opens.
- Please remove all items before you close the locker. Do not leave any returns in the locker; use the branch book return to return items.
- If you have trouble opening the locker, please talk to Library staff or call the number posted at the branch during Library open hours.