What is a Library account?
Your Library account gives you access to Library information online from any Internet-connected computer.
Use your account online to:
- Renew items you have checked out
- Place holds on items you want to borrow
- Check if you have overdue items
- Pause or "suspend" your holds when you are out-of-town or on vacation
- View any library fines or fees on your account
- See if any items on hold are ready for pick up
- Create and share book lists
- Keep track of your reading history using Recently Returned (opt in to enable)
How does the Library protect my privacy?
How do I log in to my library account?
Log in to Your Account (from the Library catalog or located in the upper right-hand corner of every Web page). Enter your Library card number (the 13-digit number found on your Library card) and your Personal Identification Number (PIN.)
Note: To protect your privacy, always log out of your account when you are finished.
What is a PIN and why do I need one?
A PIN is a four-digit number you choose when you pick up your Library card or request it online to protect your account.
Be sure to keep your PIN private. Never share it over the phone unless you are certain you are speaking with TeleCirc or a Library staff member.
When will I use my PIN?
You will need to know your PIN to:
- Use the self-checkout stations
- Access your account online
- Use online resources
- Download e-books, audiobooks, music and videos
- Access your Library account with TeleCirc
What if I forget my PIN?
If you don't know your PIN, have forgotten it or want a new one, ask for help at any Library location or call Borrower Services at 206-386-4190.
Can I change my PIN online?
Yes. Log in to Your Account. Then click "Account Settings." Scroll down to the "Change PIN" option.
How do I get information about my account or my child's account?
Ask a Library staff member for help in person or by phone. If you don't have your Library card, the staff member will verify your identity before providing information.
The parent or legal guardian of a child age 12 or younger can get information about the child's account, including titles checked out.