Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Nov. 19
Between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 19, our Bibliocommons catalog will be unavailable for up to two hours for system maintenance. During that time, please use our classic catalog.
Library Closed Thursday, Nov. 23
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 23.
- Identification used to get a library card must be current.
- In most cases, the ID should have a pre-printed name and a signature or a pre-printed name and a picture, and be issued by a government agency, school, institution or business.
- Picture identification is required for all applications completed online through the Library's Web page.
Acceptable Identification includes, but is not limited to:
- Washington State Driver's license
- Washington State ID card: issued by the Dept. of Motor Vehicles
- Out of State driver's license
- Out of State identification card: issued by the Dept. of Motor Vehicles
- Foreign driver's license
- United States or foreign passport
- Alien registration card
- Employee identification card or badge
- Military or Merchant Marine identification
- Credit or debit card--with signature
- School identification card
- Voter's registration card
- Birth certificate--original or certified copy only
- Washington State vehicle registration
- Organization membership cards (For young adults below grade 12)
- Bus pass--with photo
- Emergency Services/Day Center/Night Center identification