A Library card is free for anyone who:
- Lives, works, or owns property in the city of Seattle, city of Bothell or most of King County. More...
- Is the spouse or underage dependent of someone who does
- Goes to school in the above areas
To get your card, stop by any Library and bring:
Children's Library card:
- Apply in person only
- Print and fill out the application form
- Bring the completed form and the child to any Library
Institution/Corporate Library card:
- Available to schools, day cares, non-profit organizations, and for-profit businesses
- Contact the Library to request an application
Find Out More
What can I do with a Library card?
- Check out books, movies and music CDs
- Download e-books, audiobooks, music and videos
- Place holds on items in person or online
- Reserve time on a Library computer
- Use online resources
What can I do without a card?
What else should I know about Library cards?
- Visitors and non-resident? You can buy a Library card.
- Lose your card? There is a $1 replacement fee.
- Card lost or stolen? Call Borrower Services at 206-386-4190. Let us know immediately - you are responsible for any borrowed items.