Global Reading Challenge
The Global Reading Challenge is a reading incentive program for 4th and 5th graders enrolled in Seattle Public Schools. Students form teams and read selected books, then take part in a trivia competition.
2021 Global Reading Challenge
Kids around the city are excited about Global Reading Challenge and we are too! We will have Global Reading Challenge this year, but it will be a little different. Here is how it works this year:
- Global Reading Challenge is virtual this year.
- There are 7 books instead of 10
- We will distribute physical books through the participating schools.
- We have plenty of digital copies of the books available.
- You can use Library Link with your student ID number to check out e-books.
- Schools decide on teams, so keep in touch with your teacher or school librarian if you want to participate.
- Trivia Teams compete virtually against other teams from their school in February.
- Some schools will have Art Teams who work together to create an art project that reflects the books and their reaction to them.
- Art Teams will submit photos of their projects in February.
- This is not a competition.
- Not all schools have the capacity to add Art Teams at this time.
- Check our calendar of events for virtual events with Global Reading Challenge authors.
2021 Global Reading Challenge Books
Global Reading Challenge Past Years' Books
Since 1996, we have partnered with the Seattle Public Schools on a reading incentive program for 4th and 5th graders. Students form teams and read selected books, then take part in a trivia competition. These are the past years' books lists.
The Global Reading Challenge is a reading incentive program for 4th and 5th graders enrolled in Seattle Public Schools.