Library Closed Monday, May 29
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog – May 28 and May 29
The Library will be performing maintenance on our catalog starting at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, May 28 - 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 29. During this time, you will be able to search the Bibliocommons catalog, but will not be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal), SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
What You Need to Know About Reserving a Computer
The reservation system applies only to Internet/word processing computers. You need a permanent Library card to reserve a computer. No Library card? Guest passes are available for a single 30-minute session if you don't qualify for a Library card. Visitors and non-residents can also buy a Library card.
You should also know:
- The maximum time is 90 minutes per day across the library system
- If you use 90 minutes at one location, you cannot get additional time at another location
- Reserve up to seven days in advance, and make two reservations at a time
- Library fines don't affect computer/Internet privileges
- 15-minute Internet Express computers cannot be reserved
How Your Privacy is Protected
When your session ends and you log off, the system automatically deletes information about Web sites you visited. The Library purges all patron booking information daily.
- You must use the computer the system reserves for you.
- Log on within 5 minutes of your start time or you'll lose your reservation.
- Time you miss (up to 5 minutes) is deducted from your 90 minutes allotment.
- Don't log on early or you must cancel any outstanding reservations.
- If you log out by mistake, you can log back in if you have time remaining.
- When your time is up, the computer automatically logs you off; you'll get advance warnings.