Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
What items can I find in the Library catalog?
- Books for adults, teens and children
- DVDs or videos
- Books on tape or CD
- Large print books
- Downloadable e-books, audiobooks, music and videos
- CDs, cassettes, sound recordings and music scores
How do I find an item in the Library catalog?
Start your search in the box at the top of the Library catalog page.
- Use the drop down menu to search by keyword, title, author, subject, tag, list, etc.
- After entering your search terms, you can narrow your search with the drop down arrows on the left side of the page. Search by format (book, DVD, etc.), availability by location, and audience (children, teen, adult).
- Click on the title or cover picture to learn more and to place an item on hold.
- For more searching options try an Advanced Search.
What other helpful information is in the catalog?
You can see how many copies the Library has, which locations have them, if they are checked out, when they are due back and if they are being held. For many items, you also can see book covers, reviews, summaries and excerpts.
What if the Library does not have what I want?
You may submit a Purchase suggestion or a request an Interlibrary Loan .
What versions of the catalog are available?
- Ask a Librarian for help using online chat, email or by phone
- Ask for help in person from staff at any Library location