Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
- Identification used to get a library card must be current.
- In most cases, the ID should have a pre-printed name and a signature or a pre-printed name and a picture, and be issued by a government agency, school, institution or business.
- Picture identification is required for all applications completed online through the Library's Web page.
Acceptable Identification includes, but is not limited to:
- Washington State Driver's license
- Washington State ID card: issued by the Dept. of Motor Vehicles
- Out of State driver's license
- Out of State identification card: issued by the Dept. of Motor Vehicles
- Foreign driver's license
- United States or foreign passport
- Alien registration card
- Employee identification card or badge
- Military or Merchant Marine identification
- Credit or debit card--with signature
- School identification card
- Voter's registration card
- Birth certificate--original or certified copy only
- Washington State vehicle registration
- Organization membership cards (For young adults below grade 12)
- Bus pass--with photo
- Emergency Services/Day Center/Night Center identification