Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
What Literacy, ESL and Citizenship Programs does the Library offer?
- Talk Time - ESL conversation groups for teens and adults.
- ESL Classes for beginners and intermediate learners.
- Citizenship Class - Prepare to take the U.S. Citizenship Test.
- Tutoring for Adults - Tutors will provide you with support, encouragement and resources on a walk-in basis.
- Self-Learning Stations - Practice your English reading, listening and writing skills using the "Rosetta Stone" computer software program. For more information, call 206--684-0849 or visit the Central Library to make an appointment.
- End of list
See the Literacy/ESL Calendar for a complete list of upcoming programs.
How much do these programs cost?
All Library ESL programs are free to the public, although some classes may require registration. Call 206-684-0849 for more information.