Have you ever had an idea for improving education? Here's your opportunity to transform your education ideas into action in 54 hours. Find the right people with complementary skills & the passion to build an education product in one weekend. Design for learning, conduct user tests, receive coaching from experienced education designers & industry professionals and win prizes that will help take your idea to the next level!
60-second pitches that result in the formation of small teams around the best, most viable education concepts. Educators validate ideas, then all attendees vote. We hope you'll pitch, but definitely not required!
Work days! Teams focus on user research, customer development, validating their ideas and building prototypes with the help of experienced coaches from the education and entrepreneurial world. You're welcome to stay and work as long as the venue will allow!
Teams demo their education products and receive valuable feedback from a panel of expert judges. Winning teams take home a grab bag of great tools to help launch their company!
Registration is required and you must attend all three days.
See the calendar for all the details.
examples of startups that have come out of Startup Weekend EDU
- MathChat is a mobile collaboration tool for students to help each other with math homework. Founded at Startup Weekend EDU Seattle 2013, the startup is now in the Imagine K12 edtech accelerator.
- Qeyno is a career exploration game that helps inform students about possible STEM career options & offers guidance on how to achieve them.
- Kidfit Academy is a nonprofit running interactive physical & health education curriculum that empowers students to take control of their health & wellness with fun technology.
Here are some of the things you get from attending
- Delicious & healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner for the whole weekend
- A free .co domain name
- Event t-shirt
- Awesome coaching by education startup industry leaders
- A network of 120 new developer, designer & entrepreneur friends that are also excited about improving education
All of the pitches on Friday and companies demoed on Sunday will be educator approved and designed to solve problems in the education space, broadly defined (not restricted to K-12 or other "formal" education).
We hope you join us!