Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
The Library offers many services to Seattle-area middle schools and high schools.
Teen librarians can:
- Teach a workshop on using online resources to your class at the Central Library
- Help you organize a school tour for your class at the Central Library or your local branch
- Visit your school to talk about new books, our free Homework Help service and how to research a class assignment
- Help you find an online reading list of recommended books on a variety of topics
- Create custom reading lists for your class based on a subject or topic
- Bring programs and authors to your school - including intellectual freedom presentations, poetry workshops and much more.
- End of list
To find out what Library location serves your school or for more information, please contact:
The Teen Center
Level 3 - Central Library
1000 Fourth Ave., Seattle, WA 98104
Or your local branch.