Library Closed Monday, Feb. 15
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Presidents Day, Monday, Feb. 15.
Possible service interruption in online Library services Feb. 13 - 14
The Library will be performing maintenance on our network. While we are not expecting service interruptions during this period, there might be brief interruptions in online services. You will be able to search the Bibliocommons catalog, but may not be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) may experience outages as well. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also may be affected.
The Adult Education Tutoring program provides one-on-one, walk-in tutoring. Tutors help learners develop the skills needed to be successful as workers, family members, and citizens. No registration is necessary.
Tutors provide instruction in the following subject areas:
- Basic skills: Tutoring is available for English language, reading, writing, and pre-college level math. ESL books are available for grammar, vocabulary, and life skills. Some writing help is available for college students in introductory classes.
- GED: Test preparation help is available for pre-GED, social studies, science, language arts (reading and writing), and math.
- Compass: Test preparation help is available for the Compass exam (the computerized English and math placement exam for Seattle Colleges).
- Citizenship test: Test preparation help is available for the citizenship civics exam.
- Job readiness: Tutors can help with general job readiness skills.
- Life skills: Tutors help learners develop the skills necessary to be successful in daily life.
View the Library's Literacy/ESL Calendar to see a complete list of tutoring sessions.