The Adult Education Tutoring program provides one-on-one, walk-in tutoring. Tutors help learners develop the skills needed to be successful as workers, family members, and citizens. No registration is necessary.
Tutors provide instruction in the following subject areas:
- Basic skills: Tutoring is available for English language, reading, writing, and pre-college level math. ESL books are available for grammar, vocabulary, and life skills. Some writing help is available for college students in introductory classes.
- GED: Test preparation help is available for pre-GED, social studies, science, language arts (reading and writing), and math.
- Compass: Test preparation help is available for the Compass exam (the computerized English and math placement exam for Seattle Colleges).
- Citizenship test: Test preparation help is available for the citizenship civics exam.
- Job readiness: Tutors can help with general job readiness skills.
- Life skills: Tutors help learners develop the skills necessary to be successful in daily life.
View the Library's Literacy/ESL Calendar to see a complete list of tutoring sessions.