“It’s been really gratifying over the years, helping kids and teens become successful learners.”
— Homework Helper,
Lake City Branch
Help Seattle Students Succeed
We are seeking Homework Help volunteers to assist K-12 students throughout the upcoming school year.
- Homework Help is offered when Seattle Public Schools are in session. From Sept. 8, 2014 through June 11, 2015, Homework Helpers will assist children and teens with developing literacy and mathematics skills and homework assignments in:
- Social studies
- Other subjects & academic skills
- Locations: Beacon Hill, Broadview, Columbia, Delridge, Douglass-Truth, High Point, Lake City, NewHolly, Northgate, Rainier Beach and South Park branches. (See map of Library locations.)
- For more information, see Homework Helper volunteer service description
Homework Help: Volunteer Qualifications
- Adults who are well-rounded academically and enjoy helping students learn.
- Patient, flexible and comfortable interacting with students of all ages, individually and in small groups on a drop-in basis.
- Completion of at least one year of college or vocational school.
- Strong English and/or mathematics skills.
- Experience with youth. Individuals who have teaching or tutoring experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Available to be scheduled for weekly two-hour shifts when the Seattle Public Schools are in session. Those who cannot make weekly commitments can be scheduled as substitutes at least twice a month.
Please send your volunteer application to our Volunteer Services Coordinator (email@example.com or fax: 206-386-4129) to be considered for next school year's volunteer openings. Interviews will take place in July and August (and as needed during the year).
Interested in other ways to help? See more Volunteer Opportunities.