Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
From The Seattle Public Library Rules of Conduct:
For the comfort and safety of patrons, volunteers, and staff, and the protection of Library property, the following actions are examples of conduct not allowed on Library property:
- Consuming food or beverages in public areas of the Library not authorized by the Library Food and Beverage Guidelines.
- End of list
FOOD AND BEVERAGE GUIDELINES:
The Seattle Public Library strives to create welcoming, clean, and comfortable environments for the public. Consistent with this goal, the Library has adopted the following guidelines for the consumption of food and beverages in public areas of Library facilities:
- As authorized by the Library, food and beverages may be consumed in Library meeting rooms, auditoriums, and at special events.
- Food consumption is further permitted within the designated Central Library coffee cart area on the third floor.
- Consuming beverages from lidded containers is permitted in the Library. Lidded containers include covered coffee, water, soda, and juice cups, glass and plastic beverage bottles, and beverage cans.
- Babies may be nursed in the Library.
- End of list
DATE ADOPTED: March 16, 2004
DATE EFFECTIVE: May 23, 2004