Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
Prepare pets and store water for emergencies at The Seattle Public Library Sept. 16 - Nov. 18
The Seattle Public Library will host short, skills-based emergency preparation workshops at several Library locations.
Seattle Neighborhoods Actively Prepare (SNAP) workshops, presented by the Seattle Office of Emergency Management, are free and open to the public. Registration is not required. Free parking is available at the branches. Parking is available in the Central Library garage at the regular rates. Topics, times and locations are listed below.
SNAP: Prepare Your Pets for Disaster. Get tips and resources to keep your pets safe during a disaster.
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 4, Howard S. Wright Family & Janet W. Ketcham Meeting Room 2, 206-386-4636
- 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20 at the Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-7519
- 3 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20 at the Capitol Hill Branch, 425 Harvard Ave. E., 206-684-4715
- 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21 at the Southwest Branch, 9010 35th Ave. S.W., 206-684-7455
SNAP: Store Emergency Drinking Water. Learn how to secure and maintain potable water.
- 11:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 1 at the Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1906
- 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2 at the Fremont Branch, 731 N. 35th St., 206-684-4084
- 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10 at the University Branch, 5009 Roosevelt Way N.E., 206-684-4063
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 4, Howard S. Wright Family & Janet W. Ketcham Meeting Room 2, 206-386-4636
For more information, call the Library at 206-386-4636 or Ask a Librarian.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index