Middle school students participate in citywide reading marathon at The Seattle Public Library Nov. 16
The Seattle Public Library is hosting a citywide reading marathon for middle school students at six Library locations from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16. Participating branches include:
- Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W., 206-684-4089
- Douglass-Truth Branch, 2300 E. Yesler Way, 206-684-4704
- Green Lake Branch, 7364 E. Green Lake Dr. N., 206-684-7547
- Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980
- Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1906
- Southwest Branch, 9010 35th Ave. S.W., 206-684-7455
All students in sixth, seventh and eighth grade from Seattle public, private, or home schools are invited to compete in this reading marathon. Teachers and school staff are invited, too! No friends or family members can compete with you, though, unless they are also in middle school.
Read anything you want (books, e-books, magazines, comics, etc.) silently to yourself. Try reading all six hours to win a grand prize! The school with the most total reading hours gets a banner and bragging rights. Bring pillows or beanbags to make yourself comfy. Snacks and pizza will be served.
For more information, call the Library at 206-386-4636.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index