Read With Pride 2017: LGBTQIA Romance Fiction Conference at The Seattle Public Library Nov. 4
It's getting steamy at the Library! We're co-hosting Read with Pride (RWP) Northwest 2017, the LGBTQIA Romance Fiction Conference of the Pacific Northwest. You can attend for free from noon to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 4 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., 206-386-4636.
As part of Seattle Writes, RWP 2017 is free - just register ahead of time! Parking is available in the Central Library garage for $7. Swag giveaways during registration are first come, first served and while supplies last.
We're thrilled to have some award-winning keynote speakers this year:
- Tobi Hill-Meyer, author and filmmaker ("Nerve Endings: The New Trans Erotic," "A Princess of Great Daring!")
- Rebekah Weatherspoon, author ("Treasure," "Soul to Keep")
You can also check out these authors and panelists at their workshops or the book fest: MB Austin, Jove Belle, Dev Bentham, James Brock, Austin Chant, Charli Coty, Christine Danse, CJane Elliott, Kim Fielding, J.S. Fields, Ginn Hale, Tobi Hill-Meyer, Amanda Jean, Nicole Kimberling, RL Mosswood, LM Pierce, Liv Rancourt, Rick R. Reed, Blythe Rippon, Ziggy Schutz, Nisi Shawl, Andrea Speed, CM Spivey, Karelia Stetz-Waters, Tracy Timmons-Gray, Julie Tizard, Rebekah Weatherspoon and Sheri Lewis Wohl.
Schedule of Events
Noon to 1 p.m. - Registration and swag giveaways - Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium
1 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Opening remarks and keynote speakers - Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium
2:15 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Panel discussions - Session 1
- Reading Recommendations: Find Your Next Book! - Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium
- Writing Queer Romance in Turbulent Times: Escapism, Political Act, or Both? - Level 4, Howard S. Wright Family & Janet W. Ketcham Meeting Room 2
2:15 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Panel discussions - Session 2
- Character Type Love Match: reader game - Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium
- With Romantic Elements: Writing and Reading Genre Fiction Mash-ups - Level 4, Howard S. Wright Family & Janet W. Ketcham Meeting Room 2
- Writer Roundtable Discussion: Action! Love Scenes and Fight Scenes - Level 4, PACCAR Meeting Room 6
4 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Author signings - Level 4, Washington Mutual Foundation Meeting Room 1
Don't miss the Read with Pride Book Fest on Level 4, Washington Mutual Foundation Meeting Room 1. The book fest will be open the entire conference, from noon to 5:30 p.m. Stop by, grab some swag and check out the book-selling table hosted by Another Read Through, a Portland-based bookstore. The book fest is free, open to the public and can be accessed without registering for the conference.
This conference is presented in partnership with Old Growth Northwest and Gay City: Seattle's LGBTQ Center.
For more information, call the Library at 206-386-4636, visit RWP's website or Ask a Librarian.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index