Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
The Seattle Public Library hosts preview lectures of Seattle Opera's 'Cinderella' in January
The Seattle Public Library will host preview lectures of Seattle Opera's upcoming production of Rossini's "Cinderella" at five locations in January.
The previews are free and open to the public. No registration is required. Free parking is available at the branches. Parking is available in the Central Library garage at the regular rates.
"Cinderella" by Rossini is an Italian retelling of the classic fairy tale.
The previews will include recorded musical excerpts designed to enhance the enjoyment and appreciation of the production. Times and locations are listed below.
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 3 at the Green Lake Branch, 7364 E. Green Lake Dr. N., 206-684-754
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 7 at the West Seattle Branch, 2306 42nd Ave. S.W., 206-684-744
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9 at the Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W., 206-684-408
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9 at the Northeast Branch, 6801 35th Ave. N.E., 206-684-753
- Noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium, 206-386-4636
For more information, call The Seattle Public Library at 206-386-4636 or Ask a Librarian.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index