Library Closed Monday, Feb. 15
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Presidents Day, Monday, Feb. 15.
Possible service interruption in online Library services Feb. 13 - 14
The Library will be performing maintenance on our network. While we are not expecting service interruptions during this period, there might be brief interruptions in online services. You will be able to search the Bibliocommons catalog, but may not be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) may experience outages as well. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also may be affected.
The Seattle Public Library hosts preview lectures of Seattle Opera's 'La Voix Humaine' & 'Suor Angelica'
The Seattle Public Library will host preview lectures of Seattle Opera's upcoming production of Poulenc's "La Voix Humaine" and Puccini's "Suor Angelica' at five locations.
The previews are free and open to the public. No registration is required. Free parking is available at the branches. Parking is available in the Central Library garage at the regular rates.
"La Voix Humaine" by Poulenc is a melodrama in which a desperate woman is shunned by her lover over the telephone. Puccini's "Suor Angelica" explores the despair and ultimate salvation of a woman forced to give up her illegitimate son and become a nun.
The previews will include recorded musical excerpts designed to enhance the enjoyment and appreciation of the production. Times and locations are listed below.
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 22 at the West Seattle Branch, 2306 42nd Ave. S.W., 206-684-7444
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, April 25 at the Green Lake Branch, 7364 E. Green Lake Dr. N., 206-684-7547
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 30 at the Northeast Branch, 6801 35th Ave. N.E., 206-684-7539
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, May 1 at the Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W., 206-684-4089
- Noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, May 2 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium, 206-386-4636
For more information, call The Seattle Public Library at 206-386-4636 or Ask a Librarian.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index