Library Closed Monday, May 29
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog – May 28 and May 29
The Library will be performing maintenance on our catalog starting at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, May 28 - 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 29. During this time, you will be able to search the Bibliocommons catalog, but will not be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal), SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
The Seattle Public Library hosts preview lectures of Seattle Opera's 'Don Giovanni'
The Seattle Public Library will host preview lectures of Seattle Opera's upcoming production of Mozart's "Don Giovanni" at six Library locations.
Library events and programs are free and open to the public. Registration is not required. Free parking is available at the branches. Parking is available in the Central Library garage at the regular rates.
"Don Giovanni" is based on the legends of Don Juan. Since the opera's premiere in 1787, the story endures as a cautionary tale about the human cost of unbridled lust.
The previews will include recorded musical excerpts designed to enhance the enjoyment and appreciation of the production. Times and locations are listed below.
- 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 14 at the West Seattle Branch, 2306 42nd Ave. S.W., 206-684-7444
- 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 5 at the Green Lake Branch, 7364 E. Green Lake Dr. N., 206-684-7547
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14 at the Queen Anne Branch, 400 W. Garfield St., 206-386-4227
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 15 at the Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W., 206-684-4089
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 15 at the Northeast Branch, 6801 35th Ave. N.E., 206-684-7539
- Noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium, 206-386-4636
For more information, call the Library at 206-386-4636 or Ask a Librarian.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index