Public invited to attend 'Community Conversations' to discuss future library services
The public is invited to discuss current and future Library services with City Librarian Marcellus Turner at a series of "Community Conversations" beginning this fall. Turner will also provide an update on implementation of the Library levy, approved by Seattle voters in August 2012.
"I'm looking forward to talking with patrons about what the Library can do to serve them better and to share our progress on the levy," Turner said.
Turner is particularly interested in hearing from patrons on five Library service priorities: Youth and early learning; technology access; community engagement; Seattle culture and history; and re-imagined spaces.
Library Board members and Library staff will also be present to hear what the public has to say and to answer questions. Everyone is welcome. Light refreshments will be served.
Dates and locations of the Community Conversations are as follows:
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., (206-386-4636)
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23, West Seattle Branch, 2306 42nd Ave. S.W. (206-684-7444)
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N. (206-684-7519)
- 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 7, Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W. (206-684-4089)
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S. (206-386-1906)
- 3:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, Douglass-Truth Branch, 2300 E. Yesler Way, (206-684-4704)
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, Lake City Branch, 12501 28th Ave. N.E., (206-684-7518)
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, Southwest Branch, 9010 35th Ave. S.W., (206-684-7455)
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13, Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N. (206-684-4086)
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., (206-684-4711)
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, Northeast Branch, 6801 35th Ave. N.E., (206-684-7539)
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, Capitol Hill Branch, 425 Harvard Ave. E., (206-684-4715)
For more information, call the Library at 206-386-4636 or Ask A Librarian.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index