Temporary parking restrictions Aug. 8 - Sept. 2 at the Columbia Branch of The Seattle Public Library
Beginning Thursday, Aug. 8 parking will be limited at the Columbia Branch of The Seattle Public Library, 4721 Rainier Ave. S., while improvements are made to the parking lot.
- Thursday, Aug. 8 through Sunday, Aug. 25: Individual parking stalls will be blocked off as needed as work moves around the lot.
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 through Sunday, Aug. 25: Existing ADA parking will be blocked off. A temporary ADA parking stall will be set up.
- Monday, Aug. 26 through Monday, Sept. 2: Entire parking lot will be closed and fenced off so the entry driveway from Rainier Avenue South can be widened.
Street parking in the area is limited so patrons are encouraged to walk, bike or use public transportation Aug. 26-Sept. 2 when the parking lot is closed. Patrons with disabilities or who require onsite parking should use an alternate branch during the lot closure. The closest branches to the Columbia Branch are:
- Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711
- NewHolly Branch, 7058 32nd Ave. S., 206-386-1905
- Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1906
Assuming no construction or weather delays, the parking lot is expected to reopen Tuesday, Sept. 3. Patrons who require onsite parking should call the branch first at 206-386-1908 to make sure the lot has reopened as scheduled.
The Library is improving the parking lot to make it easier for patrons to use. Construction work will include widening the entry driveway from Rainier Avenue South and reducing the size of a planting bed to increase maneuverability, regrading several parking stalls and resealing and restriping the lot.
The improvements are funded, in part, by the Library levy that voters approved in August 2012.
For more information, contact the Library at 206-386-4636 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index