Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
Collections = Quality
We promised to provide a robust collection of books and materials.
- Increased the variety and depth of the physical collection by adding 42,317 new titles
- Added 49,664 new e-book and e-audio files
- Bought more copies of popular materials to shorten wait times
- Added Hoopla, a video and music streaming service with thousands of films, TV series and albums
- Added Zinio, a digital newsstand with over 150 online magazines
- Digitized more materials from local history collections
- Increased number of items a patron may place on hold from 25 to 50
2013 Spending: $1.9 million
Sign up for our email list to stay informed!