Library Closed Monday, May 29
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog – May 28 and May 29
The Library will be performing maintenance on our catalog starting at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, May 28 - 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 29. During this time, you will be able to search the Bibliocommons catalog, but will not be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal), SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
Technology = Opportunity
We promised to improve computer and online services.
- Offered 300+ technology classes to teach patrons how to use email, the internet, etc.
- Replaced 123 levy-funded public computers
- Installed cable in meeting rooms at four branches with widescreen TVs and added widescreen TV and sound equipment at High Point Branch
- Piloted in-building checkout of tablets and laptops in Rainier Beach, High Point, University and International District/Chinatown branches
- Kicked off website redesign project and completed first phase of work
2016 Levy Spending: $1.2 million
Leveraging Levy Investments:
Increased number of mobile hotspots
to 775 to allow patrons to "borrow" the internet - with funds from cable franchise fees and The Seattle Public Library Foundation