Delayed opening at Library branches
Due to the weather, all Library branches will open at noon today. Central Library will open today at regular time - 10 a.m.
OverDrive ebook issues
Some patrons report seeing incorrect ebook holds and checkouts. Please log out and back in to clear. If you are consistently seeing incorrect ebook entries please report to Ask a Librarian. We are working with OverDrive to resolve this issue.
The Library's Website may experience brief outages
On Sunday, Dec. 11, from 4 a.m. to noon, the Library's website may experience brief intermittent outages due to scheduled server maintenance.
On Nov. 21, 2011, the City Council approved Mayor McGinn's proposed 2012 budget for the Library without substantive changes.
The $51.8 million operating budget is approximately $500,000 above the Library's 2012 Endorsed Budget due mostly to inflation and technical adjustments. The Library's 2012 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Budget provides $820,000 for major maintenance/asset preservation and $207,000 for accessibility improvements related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The 2012 budget continues service cuts that have been implemented in recent years:
- A one-week system-wide closure from Aug. 27 through Sept. 2, 2012
- Branch libraries open 190 fewer hours a week compared to 2009
- 15 branches open five days per week, seven hours per day
- The $5 million budget for books and other items is 13 percent less than 2009 after inflation
- The $820,000 capital budget is less than half of what it was in 2009